Recipe adapted from Ann Low
250g Self-raising flour
50g Caster sugar (original 80g)
100g Walnuts, roasted and coarsely grind (original 80g)
1 Egg beaten + a pinch of salt for glazing
- Sift the self-raising flour into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in the margarine, add in the sugar and the chopped walnuts. Using a rubber spatula to blend the mixture. Then mix thoroughly till the dough does not stick onto the hands.
- Pinch off some dough and lightly form into a ball, make a small dent in the centre. Place the biscuits onto a baking sheet, leaving some room between each biscuit.
- Brush them with beaten egg. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 30 - 35 minutes till golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing in cookie jar.